Ohio summers bring the heat, and one of the best ways to beat the heat is the installation of a whole-house air conditioning system. Air conditioners have come a long way in the last decade, providing cool air more efficiently while also reducing the amount of greenhouse gases emitted. But an air conditioning system purchase is a big one no matter how you look at it, and ensuring you’ve gotten an air conditioner that fits your home is one of our specialties at Bartel’s Heating & Cooling.
Factors to Consider Before Purchasing Your Air Conditioner
In order to ensure that you are purchasing an air conditioner that satisfies the amount of cooling you’ll need for your home, your Fairfield air conditioning installation will require a calculation that involves several components. Some of these components are:
- Orientation (the direction your property faces) – orientation can affect the daily heat gain of your property
- Insulation levels – just as insulation is important for holding in heat during winter, it does the same for the cool air during summer
- Any existing ductwork – older ductwork can be in need of repair or possible replacement to help mitigate potential air loss with a new system
- Floor plans – an open floor plan has a very different indoor air flow from a multi-room floor plan, something that can affect how your home cools
- Square footage – how much area needs to be cooled
- Daytime heat gain – your home will gain heat throughout the day from sunlight and rising temperatures; it is important to know exactly how much heat your home gains in order to determine how much cooling it needs to counteract the heat gain
Why Are These Factors Important?
Each of these factors helps to answer the question, “how much cooling does my property need?” Every home has its own answer to this question, even if one home has the same square footage as another. These factors are also important in helping to determine how much energy efficiency you want in your air conditioner, and what type of air conditioning system you want (i.e., traditional split system, ductless, etc.)
As you can see, multiple components need to be factored in to any new air conditioning installation. For over 40 years, Bartel’s Heating & Cooling has conducted multiple Fairfield air conditioning installations, helping our customers attain the right air conditioner for their property. Not sure about what air conditioner is right for you? Call Bartel’s Heating & Cooling today and schedule an appointment for an estimate with one of our experts.