Now that fall has started, you have plenty of planning ahead for the seasonal weather shift. One of the most important steps to take is to schedule a maintenance appointment for your heating system. Whether your house has a gas furnace, electric furnace, boiler, or heat pump to provide vital winter warmth, it must have a professional Lebanon, OH, HVAC technician gives it a thorough inspection and tune-up.
Bartels Heating & Cooling Blog: Posts Tagged ‘Heating Maintenance’
Worried your heater could break down at any moment? If you don’t know the signs that a heater needs repair, maybe you should be. It’s never fun to have to repair a heating system, but it’s even worse when your heater has broken down completely, calling for an emergency repair that could cost you even more.
Experts say it’s important to repair a heating system early in order to avoid sudden system breakdowns and higher repair costs. In addition, the sooner you repair your system, the lower your monthly bills may be, and the longer your system can last. Check out the signs you may have a heater in need of repair sooner rather than later.
Think of the last time you had to call in a technician for heating repair or air conditioning repair. Chances are, it was an urgent call. It may have been a hassle to call in a technician and wait for repairs in an uncomfortable house. But the worst part of an urgent heating or AC repair call is the unexpected cost.
A maintenance visit can help to keep some of the costs associated with HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) repairs to a minimum. And this isn’t the only way you’ll save! When you join a maintenance plan with a qualified HVAC contractor, you can save big.
Everybody wants to save some money, but life’s comforts and necessities come with a cost. Heating, for example, can account for nearly half of your monthly utilities!
As temperatures start to take a dive, you may begin to worry about whether or not your home is ready for the cold season ahead. Here at Bartels Heating & Cooling, we get ready for the heating season by keeping our trucks well-stocked and giving all of our technicians the training they need to repair and maintain heaters. And as a homeowner, there are ways you can prepare your home for the changing of the seasons as well.
We know that you might not be ready for cooler weather just yet. It’s not even fall! But the chill of winter can catch you by surprise. If you haven’t scheduled an appointment for a heating system tune-up yet, it’s time. It’s better to be prepared than to miss out.
It came quick: that chilly weather in the morning and the evenings, chilly enough to make you think about turning your heat on. Did you find yourself hesitating because you ended last heating season questioning whether or not your heating system was going to continue to run as needed? It may be time for replacement, and to help you determine this before the cold weather sets in, here are three factors to weigh:
We are at that time of year where the days are warm and comfortable and the nights are just chilly enough to need a blanket. It may not be time to fire up your heating system yet, but it will be soon, and you want to make sure that no matter what type of heating system you have, it is ready to work and work well. The best way to ensure that this happens is to call the HVAC experts at Bartels Heating & Cooling and schedule an appointment for heating maintenance for your home in West Chester, OH.
Here’s a checklist of some simple tips for keeping your West Chester, OH home at desired temperatures throughout the winter without paying more than you need to.
- Change or clean your furnace filters on a regular basis, or at least once a month. This will help to improve efficiency. This can also help to improve indoor air quality. If you have pets, you may need to clean or change the filters more often.
- Try to keep several filters on hand throughout the heating season, and keep a calendar or some sort of reminder system to let you know when it is time to change your filters. Some thermostats feature a setting that lets you know when it is time for a filter change. If you would like more information on how to change your air filter, give us a call any time.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat to help keep heating bills down. These thermostats let you have more control over your heating system by automatically turning it off when it is not needed as much, such as at night or when you are away. You can program these models to fit your schedule.
- Ask for a home energy audit to see if there are small things you can do, such as add weather-stripping or sealing cracks. You can also perform a flame test by putting a candle near doors and windows to see if the flame flickers due to a draft.
- Schedule a heating tune-up and inspection once a year to ensure optimal performance.
- Install “draft blockers” or gasket insulators behind light switches and electrical outlets.
- Plant deciduous trees outside windows on the south side of your house to provide shade in summer and allow sunlight in winter.
- Install ceiling fans, which can be reversed in the winter to push warm air that rises back into the living spaces.
- Add attic insulation to increase the efficiency of your heating system. A good standard is to reach “R30,” or ask a contractor if you aren’t sure.
- Make sure drapes, furniture, or rugs do not block vents and clean vents regularly with a vacuum to ensure proper airflow.
Lastly, call the West Chester, OH heating professionals at Bartels Heating & Cooling with all your home efficiency and heating questions.