Spring has arrived, and with it comes a chance to perform some routine maintenance on your air conditioning system. Maintenance will help your system function more efficiently – saving you money on monthly cooling costs – as well as helping spot potentially big problems while they’re still small. Air conditioning maintenance in West Chester, OH is a fairly common service, though you could benefit by knowing exactly what a session entails. Here’s a quick breakdown of what you can expect during air conditioning maintenance.
- Clean components. A maintenance tune-up will include cleaning the dirt off of interior components, including the condenser and evaporator coils. The last one is very important because dirty coils can impact the unit’s ability to cool the air.
- Recharge refrigerant levels. The refrigerant needs to be at a set level in order for the air conditioner to work. Checking the refrigerant level is a standard step, although a separate repair service may be required if there’s a leak in the system.
- Check the drains. Drain pans in the air conditioner catch condensate and drain it out of the system. If the drain lines get clogged or the pan is misaligned, it could leak water onto sensitive electronic components. The technician will check the drain system and ensure that everything is in good condition.
- A general inspection. This includes checking the fan, fan motors, electrical wiring, refrigerant tubing, blower system, ductwork and compressor for any signs of trouble or damage. If an issue is spotted, you have it fixed before it affects your cooling.
- Running the air conditioner. As a final step, the technician will run the air conditioner for 15-20 minute to ensure that anything is running smoothly.
Air conditioning maintenance in West Chester, OH can be performed by the experts at Bartels Heating & Cooling. You want your air conditioner to perform at its peak this summer. Give us a call today and let us help you make that happen!